we think beyond the ship.
The founders of Sailing Cargo come from a mixture of backgrounds and operate sustainable sea trade with a healthy respect for all they do, following a long tradition of “honorable traders”. Thus we developed the vision to transport goods faster, more independently and more sustainable across the oceans.
Sailing Cargo started out as a project in early 2013, aiming at setting new standards for the future of international shipping. Sailing Cargo together with its Partners designs sustainable solutions for modern maritime transport by intelligently combining proven modules only.
First ship of a new Generation
- innovative concept of a new and modern ship type;
- based on the belief that goods can be shipped as fast and reliable as by conventional cargo vessels;
- equipped with the technique and design of the 21th century allowing for a speed of more that 20 knots;
- motivated by contributing significantly to reducing CO2 emissions – starting with 80 percent and increasing to 100 percent for the next Generation of ships;
- at the same time we are independent from the energy debate on political and economical level.
As first mover in the international cargo shipping under sails, Sailing Cargo strives to establish a long-term innovation and technology leadership in this promising future market. In this regard the concept has been designed for the long run, stable growth, generated by reinvesting the annual profits.